Testing a block for AJAX compatibility
Some micro detailing of the procedure of testing a block and block template for AJAX compatibility
In the dashboard
- Install Universal Content Puller or the Stack Randomizer block.
- Create a stack.
- Add the block you are testing to the stack with whatever options and template you want.
On the page
- Add a Universal Content Puller of Stack Randomizer block to your page.
- Add just the stack you have created to to a Universal Content Puller block or a stack randomizer block (a random choice of 1 from 1 means the stack always displays).
- Publish the page and check that the stack is shown and the block within it.
(you may need to clear the cache)
- Edit the page again, and for the Universal Content Puller block or Stack Randomizer block assign the Blocks by Ajax template.
- Publish the page and check that the stack is shown by ajax load with the block you are testing within it.
(you may need to clear the cache again)
If after this procedure the block you are testing shows from the ajax loaded stack, then you will know the block is definitely AJAX loadable.
If it does not, it may still be ajax loadable, but it will at least require some non-standard work with the block template and possibly with the block controller.
You could just continue with Universal Content Puller or Stack Randomizer, or you could with that knowledge develop a custom template for your block based on any of the Blocks by AJAX templates available.
Last updated: over a year ago