Universal Content Puller
Universal Content Puller provides a simple unified interface to pulling in content from many sources including other pages, other sites and RSS feeds while providing an enhanced and unified infrastructure:
- Common caching of sources
- Recursively nest sources (e.g. stacks within stacks)
- Share block templates across all sources
- Format lists
- Borrow templates from other blocks using wrappers
- Manipulate the text of pulled content
- Easily plugin further sources
- AJAX load any source (requires Blocks by AJAX addon)
- Conditionally show content (requires Magic Data addon and a minimum of concrete5 v5.6)
Almost every aspect of Universal Content Puller is expandable through a plugin architecture. In addition to content sources, other pluggable areas include how content is listed and wrapped for display. Through integration with further addons the plugin list is growing rapidly, so check to see the latest plugin list.
- Pull areas from other pages and from any URL across the web with Sources1
- Pull RSS feeds, text files and markdown files with Sources2
- More Addons that integrate with Universal Content Puller
For developers considering extending Universal Content Puller, the Universal Content Puller Developer addon provides tools to expose data structures, learn how Universal Content Puller works, and assist with development.
Universal Content Puller wrappers are like templates on steroids. Take great templates from other blocks and wrap them round the content pulled with Universal Content Puller.
This addon comes with a wrapper to use any template from the regular concrete5 content block. Additional plugin wrappers are available to wrap Universal Content Puller with Formigo Containers and Magic Tipple. Magic Tipple even provides a wrapper to pull content into a Fancybox popup.
Some Great Offers to stylishly wrap anything
From version 1.6 this addon is compatible with php7. To update a site to php7 you will need to make core updates (at time of writing only on github and not released). You will also need to ensure that other addon packages are php7 compatible.
See more addons by JohntheFish.
Last updated: over a year ago