Zone Based Shipping
Define domestic and international zones and match addresses to them. Calculate shipping costs for each zone based on product and cart parameters and delivery options.
“It costs me more to ship to some domestic addresses. I use different shipping agents depending on the weight of the order and what country or province I am shipping to. Some of the shipping agents give me a discount, but charge a premium for oversized items. Some products need extra packaging. If the order is over a particular value, I insure the package. For some combinations of destinations and products I also need to add a special licence fee to the shipping cost. For small items I use the postal service. I have preferential shipping rates for some customers.”
Zone Based Shipping can be configured through simple rules and tables to cater with any or all of these requirements and more.
- Match shipping addresses to zones, and calculate shipping costs differently for each zone.
- Set up a range of customer selected delivery options.
- Calculate shipping costs based on almost any product or shopping cart parameter (weight, dimensions, volume, number of items, value of order).
- Configurable checkout messages - see the documentation for more details.
- Special product attributes to change how products are included in the shipping calculation and even split the cart into parts.
- Optional 'null' or 'error' return. If you can define a zone, you can refuse to ship to it!
- Support 3rd party integration with a fully pluggable architecture and concrete5 events.
Zone Based Shipping is not tied to any shipping agent. You create whatever shipping zones and delivery options you need, match customer addresses to zones and build rules to assign a shipping cost to a shopping cart. If you want to use Zone Based Shipping with other shipping methods, you can even configure zones and rules to use other eCommerce shipping plugins, or act as a dispatcher for other shipping plugins.
Shipping cost rules are configurable to use any or all of:
- Weight of cart
- Maximum dimension or sum of dimensions of any product in the cart
- Volume of cart
- Items in cart
- Products in cart
- Value of cart
- Product shipping modifiers
- Split cart
Units used are selectable between a range of metric, US and Imperial. If you want to ship ducks by the gallon (US or Imperial), Zone Based Shipping will translate the dimensions of a duck into gallons for you.
If the above are not enough, Zone Based Shipping also recognises a 'zone_shipping_measure' attribute. If you want to ship ducks by the number of feathers, animals by the number of legs or cars by the number of wheels, declare a product attribute with the handle 'zone_shipping_measure' and Zone Based Shipping can use it.
See the screenshots and documentation for more details.
Missing a critical contry or state for your eCommerce site? Want your core markets to see their countries at the top of a country select? Is the states and provinces list out of date?
Note: This add-on requires the eCommerce add-on. Please make sure you have the latest version installed.
From version 2.0.13 ZBS is compatible with php7. To update a site to php7 you will need to make core updates (currently only on github and not released). You will also need to ensure that eCommerce is php7 compatible.
See more addons by JohntheFish
Last updated: over a year ago